Chargeback Details and Reporting
Our Chargeback reports will provide detailed reporting to help you manage your chargebacks and also manage your rebuttals.
What is a Chargeback?
A Chargeback happens when a customer calls their financial institution and disputes a transaction for reasons such as fraud, credit/refund not process, or other reasons.
Step 1: Log into Merchant Portal at https://merchant.paycafe.com/loginStep 2: Click on Transactions
Step 3: Click on Chargebacks
Chargeback Column Titles
We have added descriptions for each column title.
Chargeback Date: The date the chargeback was reported
Chargeback ID: A series of numbers that will allow the merchant to identify each chargeback
Reason: A general reason will be provided for the chargeback:
- Not as Described or Defective Merchandise/Services
- Other fraud - Card Absent Environment
- Canceled Recurring Transaction
- Merchandise/Services Not Received
- No Cardholder Authorization
Chargeback Amount: The chargeback amount will be displayed
Details (this is a hyperlink that will allow you to access the following information):
- Client Details
- Original Order
- Chargeback Transaction Details
Below, is an example of the information the Details page will provide.
Response: The merchant will be given the opportunity to use this feature to submit a rebuttal
Rebuttal Due Date: The last day a merchant can submit their rebuttal
Rebuttal Status: When the chargeback has been updated with a status, the date for the update will be appear
Reversal Status: A merchant will be able to see the status of their Chargeback
How to locate a chargeback by date or date range
The merchant can view their chargebacks by the present date, a date range, and or a customized date range. PayCafe provides filters to make it easy for our merchants to search for present and past chargebacks.
Sidenote: Prior to selecting a date or using a filter, all chargebacks are organized by the most recent date.
- Today: Present-day
- Yesterday: The day before the present-day
- Last 7 Days: Count seven days back from the first date selected (does not necessarily mean Sunday. - Saturday)
- Last 30 Days: Count 30 days back from the first date selected (does not necessarily mean a calendar month)
- This Month: First day of the current month to the present day
- Last Month: Last month of chargebacks
- Customer Range: This feature will allow the merchant to customize their date range
Step 4: Click on the filter of your choice
Step 5: All Chargebacks for that date or date range will appear
Customize Date Range
Step 5: Click on Custom Range
Step 5.1: Select your date range (use your cursor to highlight your dates)
Step 5.2: Click on Apply
Step 5.3: The chargebacks for this date range will appear
If you have questions or need assistance with accessing chargeback details, please submit a support ticket through the merchant portal at https://merchant.paycafe.com/login.
We also welcome feedback from our merchants. Please send us your suggestions at email@example.com .